It is not easy to satirize a topic such as the Holocaust, where the so-called eyewitnesses are prone to “preposterous verbosity, graphomanic exaggeration, dramatic effects, overestimated self-inflation, dilettante philosophizing, would-be lyricism, unchecked rumors, bias, partisan attacks, and apologies,”¹ which scholars and journalists then use as starting points for further claims that often don’t pass the laugh test. Here are some humble attempts. Please try to remember, as you read these items, that each is fiction.
- Letter writer sets us straight
- Holocaust cartoons
- President Bush sets aside Jewish ‘safety zone’
- Teen deported for suspected Nazi crimes
- Holocaust survivors reveal unusual Nazi cruelty
- Disinterment and prosecution authorized
- Israel Perfects ‘Ethnic Weapon’
- H.A.C.K.S. publish Holocaust history
- Miracle Cure For Holocaust Denial Syndrome
- Hitler’s killers tormented helpless kittens
- Scholars find Hitler’s e-mail address
- Holocaust Museum Near Hiroshima Sparks Controversy
- Holocaust martyrs to be cloned
- New documents provide Holocaust proof
¹ Samuel Gringauz in Jewish Social Studies (New York), January 1950, Vol. 12, p. 65.