Final Report to the Secretary of the Army on the Nuernberg War Crimes Trials Under Control Council Law No. 10
Washington, D.C., 15 August 1949
By Telford Taylor
Brigadier General, U.S.A.
Chief of Counsel for War Crimes
The OCCWC (Office, Chief of Counsel for War Crimes) was officially established on October 24, 1946 and formally deactivated on June 20, 1949. The OCCWC was established in the Office of Military Government for Germany (U.S.) [OMGUS], by General Order 301, Headquarters U.S. Forces in Europe, and was the successor to the Subsequent Proceedings Division of the Office of the U.S. Chief of Counsel for the Prosecution of Axis Criminality. In this report on the Nuremberg war crimes trials, which were conducted under the authority of Control Council Law No. 10, Brigadier General Telford Taylor, Chief of Counsel for War Crimes, also describes the creation, organization, and functioning of the OCCWC. His report covers the period from the beginnings of the OCCWC in October 1945 to its deactivation in 1949. (Library of Congress Call Number LAW <Europe West Germany 9 Nuremberg Tayl 1950>; OCLC Number 315890995)
Source: Library of Congress, Military Legal Resources